Robert E. Norton
Robert E. “Rob” Norton is a native of Ripley, Alabama. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Alabama in 2002, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. While there, he was named a University of Alabama Presidential Scholar and inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society, the nation’s oldest honor society and often considered its most prestigious. This academic honor is reserved by the University for students of the liberal arts and sciences. In 2001, Mr. Norton served as a White House intern with the National Economic Council.
Mr. Norton attended The University of Alabama School of Law, graduating in 2007 with his Juris Doctor.
While there, he was named the Top student in Negotiation, and recognized as one of the top legal writers and researchers in his graduating class.
Mr. Norton is licensed to practice law in both Alabama and Georgia, as well as in front of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Alabama State Bar Association and the Birmingham Bar Association.
Rob and his wife, Misti, have two young children, and attend St. Mary’s on the Highlands Episcopal Church. When he is not in the office, you may find him golfing, reading or playing his guitar, or traveling when time permits. Rob is a proud supporter of the arts, and served as past president of the Alabama Symphony Junior Board.
- Securities Litigation & Arbitration
- Investment Fraud
- Stockbroker Negligence
- Shareholder Litigation
- JD, The University of Alabama School of Law, 2007
- Top student in Negotiations
- BA, magna cum laude, The University of Alabama, 2002
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Scholar
- University Honors Program
- Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta, Lambda Sigma, and Golden Key honors societies
- Georgia, 2016
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2008
- Alabama, 2007
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South Rising Stars, 2016- present
- Super Lawyers, Alabama Rising Stars, 2014 & 2015